Terms and Conditions for Interactive Features on the American Sabor Website
You may interact with the Smithsonian Institution’s American Sabor website (www.AmericanSabor.org) on the following conditions:
- You are solely responsible for the content that you submit and the consequences of submitting content.
- You retain ownership of your submission. However, by submitting content, you give the Smithsonian and those authorized by the Smithsonian permission to use it for any educational, promotional, or other standard museum purpose, in any media now known or later developed, without compensation to you. You further give the public permission to use the content you submit for personal, educational, or non-commercial uses in any media now known or later developed without compensation to you. Finally, you give the American Sabor sponsor, Ford Motor Company Fund and its public relations firm, Communicad, Inc., permission to use the data for Ford Motor Company Fund’s non-commercial purposes in any media now known or later developed, without compensation to you.
- The Smithsonian will not return any submitted material. Material will be kept and archived as described in the Privacy Risk Assessment, available here: Complete PRA PDF.
- You will not submit content that is off-topic, partisan-political, contains personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, pornographic, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- You only will submit content that you own or for which you have received permission from the person or entity that owns the content and intellectual property rights.
- You understand that the Smithsonian monitors submitted content and is under no obligation to use the content you submit.
- By submitting content, you waive any privacy expectations you may have with regard to the submitted content. The Smithsonian may make the content you submit available to the general public online or at its premises. The content you submit also may be shared with third parties in response to law enforcement or congressional requests, in response to public requests for information from the Smithsonian under Smithsonian Directive 807 (available at www.si.edu/ogc) , and as the Smithsonian determines is required by applicable law or regulation. Do not submit any content or personally identifiable information that you do not want made public. If you submit material to the “Share Your Story” or “Blog” the Smithsonian will take reasonable steps to avoid disclosing your email address, user name, and password to the public, but cannot guarantee your privacy.
- If your content is selected by the Smithsonian for posting, website visitors may share your content via social media websites such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and applications such as “ShareThis.” These sites operate independently of the Smithsonian and have their own privacy policies (any data that the Smithsonian collects on these sites is subject to www.si.edu/privacy). In addition, comments with which you disagree may become associated with the content you submit.
- Names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, and fax numbers that you provide in the About the Exhibition section will be shared with participating venues and vendors.
- Smithsonian decisions are final and binding.
- You are at least 13 years of age.
- All submissions are voluntary on your part.